- 1/2 lb leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 bell peppers (preferably red and orange), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 (15- to 16-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz corn tortilla chips (not low-fat)
- 2 cups grated jalapeño Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tsp finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- tomato salsa
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss turkey with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bell peppers, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over moderate heat and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Make 2 layers each of corn chips, sautéed peppers, beans, turkey, cheese, scallion, and cilantro in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 6 to 10 minutes.
Stir together sour cream and jalapeño to taste and serve on the side along with salsa.